Friday, March 15, 2013

Reflecting Down Memory Lane... Buddy's Birth And The Days Leading Up To It.

In December 2011, Bobby and I made an offer on a short sale house.  These types of houses are known to take on average 6-8 months to close... Knowing we had a baby due in 3 months, I started praying we would be moved into our house, even if we weren't unpacked yet, but at least moved in before our new baby was born.


Of course as time came close to our baby's due date, there were no signs of closing.  Bobby began praying more specifically... that we would be moved in on the 15th of March.  On Monday March 12 (our estimated due date), we went to the park by our soon to be house with my youngest sister, Mackenzie, and Nyla.  They wanted us to show them the house.  So we did.  When we got there they wanted to get out and look at the house. Bobby walked up to the front door and noticed it had been busted open.  We all went inside to inspect if there was anything else done.  What we found were some obvious signs of teenage kids up to no good.  They had done some writing on the walls, smoked in some of the rooms and burnt the carpet in one of the upstairs bedrooms.  We weren't too upset or concerned, but thought this was worthy of letting our Realtor know what's up.

We called her, and she called the realtor who listed the house.  Within about 30 min we got a very surprising call back... They had told us to go ahead and move into the house and for rent free until we closed!  This is unheard of and we knew immediately it was an answer to our prayers!

Over the next couple of days we worked on cleaning the house... well I did a lot of supervising ;-) Cleaning carpets, replacing the door frame to our front door, etc... along with getting utilities turned on.

It just so happened to be Thursday March 15th when we had our big move, moving all our belongs into our house.  That night about 9:30ish... Bobby and I were sitting alone in our house waiting for some family to come help unpack our things.  We were both exhausted.  I had a realization that then turned into somewhat of a concern of mine.  I shared it with Bobby... ,"So far our prayers have been answered, I had prayed we would be moved into our house even if we weren't unpacked before this baby is born.  You prayed more specifically we would move in on the 15th.  Both of our prayers are answered, it's the 15th, but there is something we didn't think about when we prayed... we are worn out.  I'm afraid I'm really going to go into labor and not have any energy to deliver."  Bobby, very peacefully, prayed another prayer.  He prayed we get a full nights rest, and that I wake up in labor. This gave me an assured peace that I will have plenty of energy for the next day.

Sure enough... at about 9:00am I woke up having contractions.  I layed there and began timing them.  For about 30 min I noticed they would come every 5min.  I thought I'd better get up, take a shower, and get ready for the day.  It was 10:00am by the time I finished my shower.  I then woke Bobby up giving him a heads up about the contractions.  I eventually called my midwife to let her know.  She was excited for us and said she and her assistant midwife would be ready and waiting whenever I felt like coming to the birth center. Just a few moments after we hung up she texted me "Do you know what today is?" I replied "What do you mean?" She responded, "3:16"  My reply was "John".  I smiled thinking of course, this is how You roll God.

I remember feeling as if I was a princess on a cloud that day.  Bobby and I worked on unpacking our kitchen some.  I told Bobby I really wanted to straighten my hair.  He offered to do it for me. He moved a nice comfy chair into our bathroom for me and began straightening my hair.  (I know that's not important for the story, but it was important to me, lol)  My Mom and Mackenzie also came over to help us.  We decided to tell them I was in labor, cause well... it's kind of hard to keep that from them. ;-)  After a while, I decided it was time to go to the birthing center.


When we arrived, my midwife could clearly see I wasn't fully ready to have my baby.  She checked me and I think I was at a 5.  She recommended us go to the park and walk.  We did and by the time we were leaving I was in transition.


When we arrived at the birth center I was allowed to get into the water.  I wanted to have my baby in there, but when it came to it, I couldn't get comfortable. I wanted to relax, but couldn't feel I could really relax.


My midwife wanted me to try a couple more positions, but nothing was working for me.  I never felt I had enough power to push my baby out.  I became tired and I remember thinking,  "I can't do this, I just want to sleep" but the contractions kept interrupting me. lol.  My midwife replied," Honey, if we go to the hospital they can't do anything for  you.  You are too far along."  My thoughts were, oh wow, I'd only be able to lay in a bed and I so can't lay down right now."  I began to pray  "God I need you, I can't do this for the rest of my life." Some how I began to mentally feel I could deliver my baby.  My midwife wanted me to try 1 last position to deliver.  She remembered I kept wanting to get on my hands and knees, but wanted to rest in between  contractions so that's what she had me do.

Sure enough, when I got all positioned the way my body instinctively wanted to be, I felt so much power.  After what seemed like a few re-leaving minutes of pushing, at 7:54pm,  my sweet miracle baby was born.



So much emotion flooded the birthing center that Friday night.  I look back over this last year and can't believe how much joy has been given to Bobby and I.  I have to give thanks to the 1 and only Jesus Christ.  Without Him, I am nothing.  Thank you, Jesus for your many blessings over our lives.



Can't believe it's already been a year.



Happy 1st Birthday, Buddy Man! We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment