Friday, February 4, 2011

Butterfly

A few months ago a little 3 year old girl said to her daddy and mommy, "Mary Alice is like a butterfly and when she comes out she is going to fly home to Trey (Bobby) and Rosie."  This is from the daughter of one of my very closests friends.  I didn't take what this little girl said lightly because I knew this girl had spoken some very profound things before and I knew that an average 3 year old wouldn't think of something like that on her own.  She spoke truth.  Now I didn't know if Mary Alice was actually going to come home with Bobby and I or if she was going to fly home to heaven and be in our hearts for ever.  Either way, it was truth and I clung to it as a hope, knowing everything is going to be just fine no matter what happened. 

Also, even before I became pregnant with little Mary Alice I knew that I wanted a nursery decorated in a cowboys and indians theme.  Boy or girl I didn't care.  Since that was the case I found myself drawn to horses.

About a week after Mary Alice was born I went to one of my favorite stores, Mardels.  While I was there, I came across a book about a child prodigy name, Akiane.  She is a famous artist that painted things she saw in her Dreams.  Her most famous painting is probably one she did of Jesus when she was 8 years old. 

As I looked through the book I came across a painting that I will never forget. 

"Butterfly Passion"
...Whether in his dream or for real, a horse is running after his love downstream, while the love butterflies surround him. The bubbles represent womb and beginning. I painted this scene to express the search for love and its meaning... - Akiane


 
 
So there is not much to say after looking at the painting and reading what Akiane had to say about it.... All I could say is, "Thank You Jesus!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Note: I c&p from Akiane's website, that's why there's a big copyright sign on the picture. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment